About Me

My photo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
I'm a mum to a 14 yr old. i started cardmaking a good few years ago after watching QVC. I fell for the "It's much cheaper to make your own" line and have never had a penny to my name since. I've recently tried to steer away from my usual cut and stick technique and try to be a bit more adventurous.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

My First Bind-It All Project

Well I finally got round to using my BIA and I've been really impressed with the results. My first project was a book for a friend of mine who's birthday I am very late for. I decided to use my K-Ology Addison papers as I has plenty of bits to co-ordinate. For my front cover I added Prima flowers and a chipboard initial.





Inside the front cover I used my Crafty Individuals hope stamp for the first time and used my Dawn Bibby stamps and a velacetate (what an awful word) sentiment on my first page.




For my second page I use an Addison Grand Adhesion and chipboard letter and some of my favourite dragonfly brads. For my third I added more Prima flowers.





For my fourth and fifth pages I used some new stamps I'd bought, as you can see I substituted the R in art for an Addison chipboard letter, and I must say I'm loving my Hero Arts etched flower stamps!




More Dawn Bibby stamps on page 6 and another gorgeous dragonfly brad and then a chipboard flower on page 7 which has been coloured with my Adirondack paint dabbers





My final page has another of the quotes I've been using and also a stunning face stamp which is another new buy of mine. On the inside of the back cover I used a Beach Bum stamp to add a quote from Picasso!



My back cover is similar to my front with another quote used. I'm really pleased with the way this book turned out and I hope the recipient likes it. You may have noticed her name spelt out in the pages of my book! I'd love to hear your comments on my first BIA project and I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed making it xXx
P.S. I apologise if the pictures are in the wrong order or if the page looks a bit wonky but it looked fine on preview and goes belly up when I publish!!!

13 comments:

Angie C said...

Your BIA book is just stunning, I love it

Anonymous said...

Stunning Alison. Well done you! xxx

shaz earl said...

gorgeous Alison well done xx

Turnidus said...

WOW Alison - that is a stunning book - and a first attempt too! Your friend will love it.

CraftyC said...

A super book, well done!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

STUNNING - simply stunning!

Hels Sheridan said...

Well done hun... Your first book is fab...and I love the stamps and papers you have used x

Kristen said...

Alison that is absolutely gorgeous - all these lovely BIA projects everywhere are sooooooooo tempting!and you haven't helped at all! lol

made by fifi said...

love this book - is it really your first one?

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Well done Alison...it's brilliant!
I'm sure your friend will think so too ^.^

Denise said...

Wow- lovely book Alison

Claire said...

This book is really fab, love it!!!

Ann said...

Stunning book Alison - your friend will love it - I love it!!! xxx