About Me

My photo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
I'm a mum to a 14 yr old. i started cardmaking a good few years ago after watching QVC. I fell for the "It's much cheaper to make your own" line and have never had a penny to my name since. I've recently tried to steer away from my usual cut and stick technique and try to be a bit more adventurous.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

90th Birthday Book

My Mum asked if I could make her friend Georgie a 90th birthday card and after seeing the book I'd made then decided that was what she wanted instead, because obviously I can knock them up in a flash! It's very similar to my previous book but this time I used my Hannah papers by K-Ology, I also rooted out all my Hannah stickers to compliment and finally got round to using some bits from the K&Co TSV that QVC had ages ago.

For my front cover I used a chipboard letters and greeting from the TSV kit and also some Prima Christmas flowers attached with a brad. On the inside cover I used my Crafty Individuals hope stamp just because I love it and on the first page I popped a tag on from the TSV kit, the super useful Hannah chipboard letter and used a Dawn Bibby flower stamp with an adhesive stone in the middle.










I used my velacetate quotes, Hero Arts etched flower stamp, Dawn Bibby stamp and Hannah words stickers on these pages as well as my chipboard letters.









I've used my dragonfly brads again, also some adhesive stones but otherwise it's all pretty much K-Ology stuff again.







The last page is very similar to my first book with a K&Co quote added from the TSV. The inside of the back cover had a simple die cut added and a flower sticker. On the back cover I thought I'd best make some reference to the fact it was a 90th birthday present and the only numbers I had were peel-offs so I finally managed to use some of my considerable peel-off stash! I added a few ribbons to the binding wires and hey presto it's done. Not sure I like it as much as my first but Mum was really pleased with it and hopefully Georgie will be too :-)

10 comments:

Angie C said...

Another lovely book Alison. I love what you have made and the papers are gorgeous

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

It's beautiful Alison...she'll love it I'm sure xx

shaz earl said...

i'ts gorgeous Alison... well done xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful book Alison xx

Kristen said...

Absolutely gorgeous Alison - I'm sure Georgie will love it!

Unknown said...

Totally gorgeous Alison XXX

CraftyC said...

Stunning book, a real treasure!
Clairexx

Anonymous said...

That's just beautiful. what a great idea. Yur Mom's friend is going to love it. :)

Ann said...

It's Beautiful Alison, a wonderful keepsake to treasure xxx

SueHart said...

What a gorgeous book. xx